erverless application development is prominent but have you considered thorough security too?
As the trend of the serverless application is blooming day-by-day, security concerns are troubling companies and developers alike. With hacking attempts on the rise, developers and business owners need to look beyond traditional security measures to ensure that they can protect user data and business reputation.
There are many security concerns that are related to apps are:
- Having an unsecured storage
- Having unauthorized authentication
- Highly favorable to the service attacks and many other
While some developers and security experts claim that serverless applications are inherently more secure, it’s no silver bullet. Hackers will and do target their architecture.
- Serverless applications still need input validation.
- Environment secrets still need to be protected.
- Too much access with little control.
- Open-source/third party loopholes.
Here are the best platforms to keep your business secure from hackers.
Aqua is the platform that offers the app builders to secure their functions as well as their serverless containers. This serverless security platform deeply checks for the functions as well as images for their security concerns which are present inside the library. It offers enterprise-grade security for the full stack and full lifecycle with tons of automation options.
- Automate Devopsec
- Automated detection and protection
- Compliance and auditing
- Hybrid cloud and multi-cloud support
The major advantage of using the Protego is that this starts its operation after the interval of 15 to 20 minutes and after this, it regularly checks for the risks and security issues while designing and developing the web application.
This platform works on three modules which are basically:
- Proact: This lets the developer view all the platform of the application and made them check for all the security risks involved.
- Observe: This uses machine learning languages to detect all the damage and the wrong code.
- Defend: Check for the risks and make the mobile application to get protected from all those risks.
The main advantage behind using this platform is that this can easily work with other tools like Google Cloud, Azure serverless application, etc.
Synk Serverless Security Platform
The updated version of the Synk can work with the various other platforms like Azure Functions and AWS Lambda. This is among the list of the most popular tool for securing the app and this check for all the security concerns that can happen while designing and developing the application. After checking for any threat and let that informed the developer through email.
Twistlock offers protection for hosts, containers, and serverless property. Trusted by companies like Verizon and Walgreens, it is marketed as the cloud native cybersecurity across full DevSecOps lifecycle.
Some of the various advantages of using this serverless security platform are:
- This can easily work with the Python, .Net, Node.Js and Java.
- All of the features that are present in the Twistlock can get work with teamcity and Jenkins
Puresec is a great platform can easily secure:
- Serverless framework
- AWS Cloudformation
Puresec is specifically built for serverless development and is amongst the top options on the list. Their proprietary behavioral protection engine forms a security layer between underlying platform and the applications. It detects security loopholes continuously and blocks any attempts to exploit them.
Some of the benefits behind using this tool:
- This control for the child execution process
- Control the outbound traffic from the various sources
Whether you are designing the serverless application or any other, you should make it secure and safe. With business losing customer trust and revenue with an increasing number of security lapses, it is time to value cybersecurity as an integral part of the business.