What makes a good scanning solution?
When it comes to testing websites, OWASP is your ultimate guide to ensure security priority. According to a recent report, 46% of websites have high cyber security vulnerabilities.
Today, automated scanning is one of the best ways to find security loopholes. With the use of these tools, you can easily find out the most pressing problems across web assets and repair them before hackers can exploit. Here is the list of the leading scanners on the market today.
1. Qualys Scan
Web Application Scanning from Qualys is a popular tool to find and fix vulnerabilities. It’s a powerful cloud solution for continuous web app discovery and detection of vulnerabilities and misconfigurations. The scanner looks for common OWASP security problems including SQL Injection, Cross-site Scripting, and Cross-site Request Forgery.
- Programmatic scanning of SOAP and REST API services, WAS tests IoT services
- Also detects malware in your web assets
- Find out OWASP Top 10 risks such as unvalidated redirection, SQL injection, cross-site scripting (XSS), and cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- Single-pane dashboard to track security red flags
MisterScanner is one of the most powerful tools of this generation. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms, this online OWASP scanner is capable of finding even the deep-seeded security issues. It detects unvalidated redirections, XSS, CSRF, and over a dozen injection flaws in a fraction of cost. The affordable, scalable plans make it a good choice for businesses of all sizes.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to find out security issues
- Years of experience in OWASP testing
- Combination of automated testing and manual penetration testing
- Easy to understand report
- Vulnerability segmentation by the threat level
Our review team was not impressed with the first version of Detectify, but the company has come a long way from its initial days. Today, their OWASP scanner is at par with the leading companies – thanks to their R&D teams. Today, Detectify employs ethical hackers from across the world to keep the scanner up to date. If you’re looking for a mid-to-high range scanner, this might be the right choice.
- Automated testing for all the web assets of a business
- Capability to test for over 1500 vulnerabilities
- Team of 150+ handpicked ethical hackers
- Free trial with full capability to help customers test the product
4. White Hat Security
With more than a decade in the web security industry, White Hat should definitely be a part of your list. Their OWASP scanner does a lot more than looking for XSS or SQLi. It promises complete web security at scale, which means that you can also virtually patch the security loopholes without making any changes to the code. Currently, White Hat Security is also offering a 3-day free trial to help you understand the product better.
- Test your source code and binaries within your own network to keep your intellectual property on site
- Reduce remediation costs and time-to-remediate by finding and fixing vulnerabilities earlier in the DevOps cycle
- OWASP Top 10 coverage
- Almost no false positives
- Actionable report
Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner is the oldest tool on our list. The company started back in 2004 but they have continuously improved the product. Used by global companies, Acunetix can test for all kinds of OWASP issues including SQL Injection, Cross-site Scripting, and Cross-site Request Forgery. The online dashboard ensures that you stay on top of the security loopholes.
- Made on C++
- Constantly being improved from 2005
- Very low false positives
- Multiple scanning engines, which can be deployed locally or on the cloud
- Added-value of network security
Do you have any other scanners in mind? Do let us know.